Saturday, January 29, 2011

New Fronel School CRE

On Friday I taught another CRE at New Fronel School. I taught Genesis chapter 4.
We started the class off with some singing & dancing. I worked with my interpreters Bernard & Michael a.k.a. Kibe. Calvary Chapel Nairobi has been blessed with several young men who have huge hearts for children; in fact the children’s ministry has more men serving than women. They have such a desire to see these children grow up in the Lord because they know that they’re the future of Kenya. I don’t think I’ve ever seen such gifted men be able to capture the attention of children like these men can. I’m learning a lot from them & I’m finding myself being drawn into their vision as well. God has been giving me a heart for children & I’m enjoying every minute I get to work with them.



After every lesson I like to quiz the students on what I just taught them & on the Gospel as well. It’s such a joy to hear children of all ages explain the Gospel. The boy below could explain the entire story of Adam & Eve, Cain & Abel. He was nervous at first but was able to pull through it. We celebrated by pretending to pop open a Coke & drink it.
 



















 
This little guy is Brandon. He's quite the trouble-maker but he's adorable! From the first day he met me he started calling me Jackie Chan...now every time I see him we give each other karate chops!

No comments:

Post a Comment