Saturday, January 1, 2011

Women's Bible Study

On Tuesday I taught the Bible for the first time ever. We’re teaching the book of Colossians to some women at hair saloon in Kibera (the world’s 2nd largest slum). A missionary from New Zealand used to teach to them but she went back home 2 yrs ago & ever since then these women have been praying for someone else to teach them the Word. We’ve been given the opportunity to teach these women while we are here in Nairobi. This week I taught Ch.1:15-29; I’m proof that God will use the foolish! I was able to share my testimony with them and was able to explain how one is able to be born again. Like the Colossian church, the Kenyan church has many misconceptions about Christ & how one can obtain salvation. Some believe that a pastor has to lead them into the sinner’s prayer or that they have to pay to receive salvation. I was able to share with them the true Gospel & encourage them to read the Bible so they won’t be caught up in false doctrines. It was a true blessing to teach these ladies. I never would have thought God would have chosen me to teach, mostly because I'm learning the Bible right along with them.


Trust me they're excited...straight faces are a cultural thing. 

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year Jackie! Praying that 2011 be a great year for you and your Ministry Group & that you continue to do the work that God has selected for you to do in Africa. Pictures are awesome! Thanks for sharing. Blessing & Love. ~ Elda

    ReplyDelete